Unlike our competitors, TRAC does not use any harsh acids, instead we use a mild phosphoric acid blend. TRAC has developed a truly innovative formula by actually changing the acid’s properties, thus turning it into the safest and most effective descaler on the market!
This mild solution penetrates hard to reach areas and removes years of scale built-up, restoring your system to its original condition without damaging piping, seals, and gaskets.
Barnacle Buster is a safe, non-toxic and biodegradable marine growth remover specifically formulated to meet an industry wide need for fast, safe, cost effective alternatives to mechanical cleaning of seawater cooled equipment.
With minimal dismantling required, Barnacle Buster can be safely re-circulated through seawater cooling systems, dissolving barnacles, zebra mussels, calcium, rust, lime & all other mineral deposits, without harming equipment, gaskets or seals. Most applications can be completed within 4 hours!
Why Barnacle Buster?
For years marine growth has challenged vessels operators. Build-up of marine growth is the number one reason why water cooled equipment malfunctions. These deposits will reduce equipment efficiency & most likely will result in costly equipment downtime. A thin layer of growth (1/64") can result in a 15% decrease in efficiency. While conventional methods of cleaning (such as mechanical brushing or harsh acids) do have some success, they are harmful to both the user and the environment & can easily damage the equipment or vessel.
TRAC Ecological’s solutions work to remove scale build-up, not metal
Barnacle Buster - The Environmental Solution! As the industry leader in the removal of both marine growth & scale build up, TRAC has the environmentally friendly answer to in-place, internal cleaning of all sea water cooled equipment, piping systems, and vessels hulls. TRAC products can be safely used on all types of sea water cooled systems commonly found on vessels today. Most important, Barnacle Buster can be safely disposed of down the drain.
Customer Problem: Captain Shane Perry came to TRAC with a problem onboard his 124’ Delta motor yacht…
His MTU 2000 series engines were overheating whenever pushed past 1950RPM. After countless man hours spent on troubleshooting with local mechanics, it was clear to all involved that the platelet heat exchanger was not providing adequate heat transfer. Captain Shane was told they would have to be removed and cleaned. This meant 5 days out of service and an additional $3500.00TRAC came onboard and offered a different solution… Although cleaning the heat exchanger would solve the problem, the pipes feeding the heat exchanger would still be clogged! TRAC supplied Captain Shane with enough Barnacle Buster to complete the job. Within one day Captain Shane completed the job and was back on the water!! Total cost… $550.00
TRAC Descaler is a safe, non-toxic, and biodegradable fresh water scale remover. Designed specifically for fresh and brackish water applications, TRAC Descaler can safely be used within engines, cooling towers, boilers, or just about any other systems re-circulating water. TRAC Descaler will not harm gaskets, seals, plastics or any metals commonly found in water systems.
Although mechanical methods of cleaning are available, they often require extended periods of downtime and it is nearly impossible to reach all areas of the system. Chemical cleaning is the only proven method to clean the entire system, thus returning the equipment to its original efficiency.
- Cost Effective: Guaranteed to be ¼ of the price of traditional mechanical methods while yielding superior results
- Fast: While other chemicals are available on the market, most requiring extensive treatment time. TRAC Descaler completes most applications within 5 hours!
- The Environment First: Like all of TRAC’s products, TRAC Descaler is 100% biodegradable, safe and completely non-toxic
- TRAC Descaler will not harm most materials including, plastic, metal, rubber, fiberglass, vinyl, wood, or paint
- TRAC Descaler is biodegradable and can be disposed through regular sewer system
- TRAC Descaler passed the California Fish Toxicity Test, Department of Hazardous Substances (Title 22) and complies with NSF International standard 60.
Sew Clean is the most effective alternative when it comes to removing uric scale from deep inside black water systems. Formulated specifically to clean sewage systems from toilet to tank, will dissolve clogs which cause plumbing to overflow and create nasty odours.
Clogs and nasty odours is an unpleasant reality in the marine industry. Seeing a need for an effective cleaner for black water systems, we’ve formulated Sew Clean. It is the best and most proven method of removing any build-up of uric scale in black water systems. Formulated to target uric scale and clean sewage systems form toilet to tank, this proven solution can dissolve clogs causing plumbing to overflow and create nasty odours.
Sew Clean builds upon the proven Barnacle Buster formula and takes it one step further. Special attention has been given to ensure that foam and bacteria are significantly reduced while flushing. Like all TRAC product, Sew Clean is non-toxic, biodegradable and safe to use on all types of material commonly found in Black water systems.
Why use Sew Clean?
Sew Clean has been formulated to provide impeccable results without removing any piping or create a mess.
- No Mess: gone are the days of dismantling toilet systems for cleaning, Sew Clean requires no dismantling
- Not a Treatment Product: SEW Clean is a black water system cleaner, not a sewage treatment chemical. There is nothing like it on the market today
- Safe for Equipment: SEW Clean is non-corrosive to all metals, plastics, gaskets and other materials commonly found in black water systems
- The Environment First: Like all of TRAC’s products, SEW Clean is 100% biodegradable, safe and completely non-toxic
- Easily Disposed: Like all of TRAC’s products, SEW Clean can be easily disposed of overboard.
Sew Clean can be used by one of two methods:
1. Immersion: Isolate the tanks, fill the entire system and let stand
2. Circulation: Isolate the tanks, connect circulation equipment and recirculate
PSR rids potable water systems of odours and discolouration by attacking the source! Scale builds on low lying, flat sections of systems, allowing bacteria to form. PSR targets and removes these areas, bringing new life to fresh water systems.
PSR has been formulated to rid your potable fresh water system of odours & discoloration by attacking the source. Scale builds on low lying, flat sections of your system, allowing bacteria to form. PSR targets these areas and brings new life to your system. Use PSR to remove hard water stains, lime scale, rust, or any other mineral based scales deposits.
If you have ever seen what contaminated fresh water looks like than you can appreciate what PSR can do. Originally designed to cure problems within municipal drinking water system, PSR has been specially formulated to meet strict NSF requirements. All of our descalers are built on our proven formula which provides a safe, non-toxic & biodegradable solution. PSR takes it one step further by only using food grade rated materials. This gives you piece of mind knowing that your system will remain safe for drinking.
- Meets NSF Requirements: PSR has been formulated to meet strict NSF requirements for use with in municipal drinking water systems. This is a Marine Industry first
- The Environment First: Like all of TRAC’s products, PSR is 100% biodegradable, safe and completely non-toxic
- Maintenance Made Easy: Using PSR to clean your water system allows for a totally new way of system cleaning
- Traditional cleaning: replace clogged screens, fittings and hoses. Clean system with bleach or vinegar
- Using PSR: ½ day down time, simply fill tank and run thru system using your existing pump
- Safe for Equipment: PSR™ is non-corrosive to all metals, plastics, gaskets and other materials commonly found in potable water systems. Passed the California Department of Health Services (DOHS) Bioassay for Hazardous waste (Title 22)
- Using our Advance Descaling Technology™ your can clean your entire system while enjoying, minimal dismantling, reduced downtime, & substantial cost savings.
What is Scale?
Water scale is a coating of mineral deposits that form over time on surfaces that are in contact with hard, or untreated, water. From most water sources one could expect to find carbonates or bicarbonates of calcium, magnesium, and lime. Scale deposits within heat exchangers can reduce efficiency by insulating the heat transfer surfaces. If scale deposits are left unchecked, they can accumulate and restrict water flow. Not only will this result in a loss of efficiency, it can cause a cooling system to fail all together.
Cost of Water Scale!
Once Water scale forms on heat transfer surfaces, it can greatly reduce heat transfer and flow in a short period of time. This is known as “fouling” and if left unchecked, it can cost millions of dollars every year. Industries, buildings and ships of all sizes all experience breakdowns, unplanned shutdowns, process contamination, high product rejection ratio, and parts replacements which can all be traced back to water scale build up. The key is to manage scale build up by instituting a preventive maintenance program.
Current methods used to clean fouled water cooled systems:
Roding and scrapping
None of the above methods are 100 % effective. Most can only partially clean the equipment, and in some cases, even damage it.
Only TRAC can to remove nearly 100% of scale build up without harming the equipment. Often the equipment can even remain in service while the cleaning process is being carried out!
|Brisbane: (07) 3890 5680
Gold Coast: (07) 5549 0556